Sunday, February 13

PARKING GARAGE CHIC

You know what I learn't today? I learn't that basement parking lots on Sundays are great locations for sneaky photo shoots. They are bright, and empty and dirty. That's right, nice and dirty. At first when I wrote that I was joking, then I realized I like when my backgrounds are a little grungy - it makes me look so much more delicate. You may think I'm joking; I'm not. As a tall girl, who had to stand in the back row with the boys on photo day, and has towered over most of her friends all her life, looking delicate is one of my favourite passtimes.

BBDakota crop, RW&Co shirt, RW&Co undershirt, Rich&Skinny jeans, Steve Madden boots
I was so excited to wear this crop jacket again. love. It is one of my all time favourites. I heart  how it dresses up a pair of jeans with subtle flash, and can be paired with a high-waisted skirt for a classic work look. Today I wore it for Sunday brunch and loved every minute - I may or may not have pretended I was Blair Waldorf. I'm pretty sure she would have an upgrade on this ensemble that I would die for, and she would likely wear heels, but it's close enough.

Also, in other fun news, Dani, from the Daily Dani awarded me the Stylish & Versatile Blogger  Awards! I have never been awarded a blog award and therefore have no idea what I should really do with it, but at the very least I can say I am incredibly flattered.



Following Dani's example, it seems I must nominate 7 bloggers, whom I love, for the award and share 7 facts about myself.

1. I cannot stop watching Toddlers & Tiaras. At first I thought it was gross, now I'm just obsessed. I dare you to watch 3 episodes and then not feel the same.
2. I have been procrastinating big time lately and need to finish my portfolio site.
3. I like to read children's books before bed. Not Goodnight Moon, but more in the Harry Potter vein. It calms me down and helps me sleep.
4. My favourite author is Haruki Murakami.
5. All I want in the world is an English Bulldog. But now they are trendy and incredibly expensive.
6. I'm allergic to beer. I think it's the hops. I got an allergy test once but forgot to mention that I wanted to check out the hops. The whole reason I went was to check the hops.
7. I slouch so much that I honestly believe that my shoulders and spine are different from other people's and belong rolled in, rather than back.

There you have it. I feel as if we've known each other for years. Now, I pass on this honour to the following lovelies: undeux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept. Oh I know, so rude of me. You'll just have to follow the links to find out who they are, won't you?

13 comments:

  1. Curly hair! Yay! I like this outfit already. :)

    Love that white jacket (I know I've said that before, but it's still true). I need one just like that!

    Thanks for the tag, lovely. :) You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very blair waldorf-y, I think you just need a headband. Wait, does she still wear those? I stopped watching halfway through season 1. :(

    And you DO look very delicate in the parking garage. I'm jealous of your modeling skillz.

    OMG. I READ KIDS BOOKS TOO. I've tried and tried again to read grown-up books, but I still enjoy my YA and children books a lot more. Any recommendations???? :)

    And thanks for tagging me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so delicate!
    I love it! And I totally know what you meant.
    Its good to have some grungy backgrounds...makes you look even nicer!!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm especially fond of the grunge and that lovely lady-like light jacket. What a fun brunch outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cropped jacket. It is in such a feminine shape and color!

    BTW cute blog and just became your newest follower:)

    Sabrina
    http://www.missworkingirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do look extra delicate in these shots. What a great place for pictures.
    Also, I LOVE all the blogs you passed your award on to...you have good taste!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, how cute is that little jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parking lot sure is a great place for photos (when emptied). Your photos always look great. I am loving your jacket. It's so adorable.

    Come enter my giveaway for a chance to win a $55.00 gift certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cropped top! Really adds a nice touch to your outfit!

    And thanks for the blog award! I'm happy I discovered your blog through the 30 for 30!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was curious if you ever thought of changing the layout of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could
    connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.

    Maybe you could space it out better?

    my blog :: Dominos 50 off Voucher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful website. Plenty of helpful information
    here. I'm sending it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your effort!

    Also visit my page: dominos Vouchers

    ReplyDelete
  12. all the time i used to read smaller content which also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading at this time.


    Also visit my web page - free Mobile phone stuff

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing.
    It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick.
    In addition, The contents are masterpiece.
    you have done a magnificent job on this topic!


    Have a look at my web-site - Http://videos.Sweethazzard.Com/

    ReplyDelete

your comments make blogging all the more fun - thank you :)